NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. All solicitation and/or sales held outside the membership of an individual department or organization must be registered with the Student Life Office before space is reserved.
2. A copy of the registration form will be filed in the Student Life Office as a matter of public record. Another copy must be at the site of the solicitation/sale for the information of anyone requesting it.
3. A member of the sponsoring organization must be present at the sales/solicitation site at all times.
4. Door-to-door sales/solicitation in residence halls and academic/administrative buildings is expressly prohibited.
ShareGenerate QR CodeShare on FacebookPost to Twitter
This form is used by registered student organizations to request funding assistance for operational and/or travel expenses for the organization. Before applying for assistance please make sure the Legacy Fund Guidelines have been reviewed carefully. You can find the Guidelines in the Files sections of Org Sync.
Forms may be allocated to student organizations who travel to off-campus conferences when their purpose is to bring back skills which benefit the student organization.
1. Funds may be used for full or partial payment of the following:
a. Transportation-To obtain a University vehicle a faculty or staff sponsor/advisor must accompany the student group. The Student Organization Board and/or the Dean of Students Office can assist with inquiries on obtaining University vehicles. Airline tickets can be reimbursed only with original receipt submitted. Transportation to a conference within a 10 hour driving distance from Highland Heights, KY will not be funded for airline tickets.
b. Lodging- By reimbursement only (MUST have original receipt)
c. Registration Fees- Request MUST be submitted before conference. Allow at least two weeks to process registration payment before the registration due date. No registration reimbursements will be approved.
d. Gas- By reimbursement only (MUST have original receipt)
2. Funds will not be allocated for meals or other personal items.
3. Student organizations that make presentations or serve in a leadership capacity at the conference will be looked upon more favorably by the Student Organization Board.
4. Travel requests require a student organization member, preferably the member who submitted the request/proposal, to meet with the Student Organization Board during the Legacy meeting at least 2 weeks prior to trip to explain importance of their travel. Upon receiving approval for the request, the student organization must schedule an appointment with theStudent Engagement Specialist to make arrangements for payment (s).
5. All reimbursements, payments, etc. must be completed no later than 2 weeks after date of travel. Otherwise, the student organization forfeits reimbursement. A list of all students that traveled and a copy of the conference agenda must be submitted with receipts.
This form is used by registered student organizations to request funding assistance for operational expenses for the organization. Before applying for assistance, please be sure the Legacy fund Guidelines have been reviewed carefully. You can find the Guidelines in the Files section of Org Sync.
Operational assistance funds shall be allocated to registered student organizations for the purpose of assisting with general operations of the student organization.
Student organizations should complete the Request/Proposal Form at least four weeks prior to date of need.
Student organizations may receive operational assistance for the follwoing items: student organization registration fee, postage, copies, printing, ads, banners, supplies, equipment, and general office supplies needed for recordkeeping and member education materials.
Student organizations should not make any purchases without the approval of the Student Engagement Office Specialist.
Upon receiving approval for the request, the student organization MUST schedule an appointment with the Student Engagement Office Specialist to make arrangements for payment(s). A portion of operational assistance must be used within two months of allocation or the organization forfeits the monies and will not be approved again for the academic year.
Food may not be purchased with operational assistance money allocations.
Northern Kentucky University is pleased to have a funding source available for registered student organizations fully registered with the Office of Student Life. Grant money is not to be considered permanent organizational funding. The intention of grant money is to provide opportunities for registered student organizations to present quality programming for the NKU community. These funds are intended to be one-time program grants. The Dean of Students or his/her designee determines Grant approval.
Program Evaluation (To be completed after program)
The program evaluation form must be completed and submitted to the Dean of Students Office, SU 301, or through OrgSync, within 10 days after the event. A copy of all receipts or billing statments for costs related to the program should be sent to the Dean of Students Office, SU 301.